Sunday, November 23, 2008

November Daze

We've had an insanely busy month this November. I've been working hard to organize the Winter Parade for Will's elementary school. I remember the Halloween Parade at Hazelwood Elementary in Ohio. Each class paraded around the school grounds, dressed in their Halloween costumes. Not at Will's school. We're talking full-blown, parade-permitting, beauty-queen-waving, characters-from-area-sports-team-getting, marching-band including, full-out float parade. I'm excited about Thanksgiving just to get a break from it all.

This weekend, however, we took a bit of a break prematurely. And it was fun. On Saturday, our wonderful friend, Kim, took family pictures of us at the Ann Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill, a place we love to go to to picnic and play. We had a great time. Here are a few photos from the Greenway plus a few others.

Here we are in front of one of the log cabins at the Greenway.
Photobucket

And here, I've noticed that Will has some yuck in his nose. Yes I'm picking my son's nose. And yes, Kim decided this would be a good shot. (Thank you, Kim! I actually like this picture a lot!)
Photobucket

Nick has decided that Steve should no longer speak. This is what he does when he decides this. The direct approach. I'm not knocking it. Maybe I should try this myself next time Steve bugs me.
Photobucket

Fun in the leaves.
Photobucket

Another contender for the distinguished title of "Christmas Card Photo."
Photobucket

Here are a couple of photos of the boys goofing off in front of the house.

Nick just learned to ride his bike without training wheels. He just needs to learn to use the brakes. I guess four-year-olds are like that, moving ahead heedless of the need to stop!
Photobucket

Here's Will, showing off on his scooter.
Photobucket

And, no, no helmets in either picture. I'm sorry. Judge me if you must. I'm not a stickler when it comes to the scooter and/or they are riding in the driveway.

Will we ever stop raking? We've had a lot of fun in the leaves, though. Some of you probably know that Nick had outpatient surgery to repair the umbilical hernia he has had since birth. You'll notice the state of his navel one month post-surgery.
Photobucket

Night, night, Nick!
Photobucket

We've been on a picture-taking frenzy, so I'll try to get back to blogging soon. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Love all the pictures. Great photographer and great subjects. :)

Unknown said...

hi whitney!
so excited to find yet another way i can keep up with you!
can't wait to read more

elaine : )