Monday, July 21, 2008

NIck Turns Four!

I thought I'd take you down memory lane with some pictures from the past four years-the years Nick has been with us.

Newborn Nick sleeping on Steve's chest.
Photobucket

Will and Nick share a newborn bonding moment. This might be their first "kiss" picture. I've since made them take a zillion more. Will is beginning to refuse to do them! He should have put his foot down two years ago. You'll see why later in this post!
Photobucket

Nick at three months.
Photobucket

And at about six months.
Photobucket

And right around 8 months.
Photobucket

His first Easter.
Photobucket

Playing on the slip-n-slide just before his first birthday. He loved to drink the water as it squirted up!
Photobucket

Getting one of his first haircuts from our friend, My.
Photobucket

Sampling cake on his first birthday.
Photobucket

Nick at two, Uptown Charlotte.
Photobucket

Here is a sequence that shows Nick's true mischievous personality and the reason Will should have called a halt to "kiss" pictures years ago! They were supposed to be giving each other a kiss when Nick decided to slip Will some tongue.
Photobucket

Look at Nick's expression. He's starting to crack up!
Photobucket

And he's completely without remorse for completely grossing his big brother out.
Photobucket

The joy of running through the sprinkler when you're barely two.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here is one of my favorites of Nick at three. This was taken just a couple months ago. Note the mischief in the turn of this lip. He always has a plan!
Photobucket

And in his hand, you'll see a piece of one of his blankies. We had to downsize because I was getting tired of getting hit with blankets. The week of downsizing was a hard one for us both.
Photobucket

Here he is being brave at the dentist...his first visit at three years old.
Photobucket

And pictures I took today, on the eve of his fourth birthday. A precious pout.
Photobucket

And a dirty hand. The best kind when you're four.
Photobucket

Nick learned to swim this summer. Here he is, just this afternoon, being the crazy monkey he has always been.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Nick went to bed this evening crying because he wants to stay three forever. And little boy, I wish you could, too. Oh, how I wish you could stay three forever. Happy birthday sweet Nick-a-Moo. I love you.

2 comments:

Express Yourself said...

Happy birthday Nick!!! Hope you had a great day :) You certainly have grown up, but you have always been so handsome!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nick!